LUXURY ECO PODS IN PERTHSHIRE
To make your stay with us as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, we would be grateful if you could take a few minutes to read this information folder.
If you require any help or information during your stay, please call or text 07508 525649. We will leave a visible sign on the door if we are out, but even if we are not in then please call or text the above number at any time. Please do not hesitate to call – we love to hear from you!
Overnight there is always a member of staff on site, in case of an emergency please ring the doorbell or call the number above.
We are a small team at Whitemoss working hard to make sure your stay as enjoyable as possible. If there is anything at all that we can help you with during your stay, please ask one of us and we will do our utmost to assist you.
We hope that you enjoy your stay with us!
Katie, Rob, Trish and the Whitemoss team
We bring your breakfast to you in your pod at a time of your choosing between 7:30am and 10am. Please fill in the breakfast card that you will find on the desk in your pod and place in the red letter box to the left of the front door at reception by 9pm.
Also, if you are staying for more than one night and would like the same breakfast as yesterday, then you don’t need to return another card, we will automatically bring you the same breakfast at the same time unless we hear otherwise.
Check out is by 11am.
If you have any questions then don’t hesitate to call, but otherwise please do just leave your key in the door before departure.
Late check out may be available upon request.
Wi-Fi is free of charge with no password. Please use the network called Whitemoss.
Smoking is not permitted inside your pod. However, you are welcome to smoke outside. Ashtrays are provided to the side of your deck, please dispose of cigarette butts safely in the ashtrays provided.
There are complementary teas and coffees (decaf and regular) in your room that are replenished daily. Freshly brewed filter coffee can be ordered as an extra with your breakfast (please leave cash in your pod on departure or instruct us to take payment from your card you booked with). All water from the taps is drinking water.
We are very lucky to have many great pubs, restaurants, cafes and takeaways nearby! Please see below for a list of our current favourites, but if you find a great place while you are here that is not on our list then please do make sure to tell us about it so we can add it to the list for other guests to enjoy!
- The Kirkstyle Inn, Dunning. Our local pub! Just a short 4-minute drive (or a 45-minute walk depending on how energetic you are feeling!). A great traditional pub with delicious food. Dog friendly. Booking recommended, especially at weekends.
- The Smiddy Haugh, Aberuthven. Lovely wee pub, recently renovated with great new owners and a new menu. Dog friendly.
- Jon and Fernanda’s, Auchterarder. If you fancy something a bit fancy!
- Delivino’s, Auchterarder. Great Italian restaurant with a lovely atmosphere.
- Tango’s Chinese Restaurant, Auchterarder. They do takeaways but we recommend sitting in the restaurant.
If you fancy a night in then there are plenty of takeaways to suit all tastes in Auchterarder, including fish & chip shops, Chinese, Indian, pizza & kebabs.
Din Din’s, Lal Tandoori, Sheray Punjab and Tango’s Chinese all deliver directly to the pods.
If you are getting a takeaway, then you will find a box with plates and cutlery in the drawer of your wardrobe. When you are finished with your meal then please just seal everything back up in the box and leave it out for the housekeeper, either in your pod or outside on the veranda. We will take the box away and replace it with a clean one.
The closest shop is the Nisa in the centre of Dunning, which is a 4-minute drive away, and stocks all the essentials. There is a larger Co-op in the centre of Auchterarder, about an 8-minute drive asway. The nearest big supermarket is the Tesco Extra on Crieff Road in Perth which is about 15 minutes away by car.
We offer packages and extras to enhance your stay and it isn’t too late to request some of these! Please find a list of what we have available below:
- Freshly brewed filter coffee. A 1 litre jug of freshly brewed Douwe Egburt’s finest medium roast filter coffee, delivered alongside your breakfast. £2.50
To pay for your coffee, please do just leave cash in your pod upon departure, or instruct us to take the money from the card you booked with.
- Bottle of Prosecco and 2 glasses £17
- Box of Thornton’s Classic Chocolates £8
- Marshmallows to toast on the fire – includes use of skewers £7
- Bag of logs for the firepit £6
- Bag of self-lighting coals £5
Should you wish to order any of the above then please ask at reception or call or text us on 07508 525649 and we would be happy to bring them to you.
On your return to Whitemoss…
If you are planning on returning to us for a special occasion, then you could add our birthday package that includes a delicious chocolate cake and your pod decorated with balloons!
Our deluxe Scandinavian style BBQ hut that you see behind the pods can be hired as part of your stay here at Whitemoss Lodge. It has comfortable cushioned seating and an open grill at the centre. You can cook up a storm on the generously proportioned and easy-to-use grill, or simply cosy-up to burn some logs and toast marshmallows!
It is available for hire for the evening from 3pm onwards for £25. This includes:
- Private rental of BBQ hut
- Plates, cutlery and bbq utensils
- Provision of coals or logs (depending on preference or intended use)
So, if the weather has let you down but you would still like to barbeque, then do let us know, if the bbq hut is available then we can book you in.
Just call or text: 07508525649 to enquire.
We want you to enjoy and get the most from your hot tub during your stay.
Please follow all health guidelines from the poster on the fence next to the hot tub, if you have any questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please shower before using the hot tub.
Please do not drink from glasses, smoke or eat food in the hot tub.
For the comfort of our other guests, please keep noise to a minimum especially after 10.30pm. After which time hot tubs may be used but only without the jets, but please also be careful to keep your voices low as sound does travel easily around the site.
We will check the hot tubs regularly, however if you have a query regarding the condition of your hot tub then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We reserve the right to withdraw the use of the hot tub during your stay in the event of misuse. Should the hot tub need to be shut down, drained and cleaned during your stay as a result of misuse then an additional charge of £150 will be applied.
The light switch for your hot tub area can be found on the side of the pod. Please turn lights off when not in use.
Please put the parasol on your patio down after use, the wind can pick up in the night a carry it away!
TO OPERATE HOT TUB:
- Unclip clips at all 4 corners of the hot tub cover.
- Fold front section of the cover back over the back section then lift both parts up.
- The panel at the back of the hot tub has two buttons, one to operate the jets, one for the lights.
- Please switch jets and lights off after use and replace cover – please do not forget to clip the clips at all 4 corners.
- Your television in your pod shows all the UK Freeview channels available in the area, as well as having a DVD player built in. We have a selection of DVDs available for you to borrow in the cupboard marked DVDs in reception, please come in and help yourself!
- To operate the DVD player press the AV button on the remote control and change setting to DVD.
- To operate the heating, there is an on/off button on the front, there is also a switch on the side and a main switch on the wall next to the heater.
Please feel free to adjust the temperature in your room. The number shown on the display of the heater is the current temperature in the room. As you press the up and down buttons to adjust the temperature it will temporarily flash up the temperature that you would like the pod to be, then go back to showing the temperature that it is currently. This number will now increase/decrease until it reaches the desired temperature.
- The switches for your bedside lights are found on the underside of the square chrome base of the light. There is one on each side to operate the two types of light.
- Please do not hesitate to ask if you require extra pillows or towels.
- A box containing plates and cutlery can be found in the drawer in your wardrobe. Please help yourself to these. Simply seal the dirty plates back up in the box (and anything else you would like us to take away) when you are finished and leave it out for the housekeeper. We will take it away and replace with clean ones.
- There is a hairdryer in your dressing table drawer.
- There is a bottle of Perthshire’s finest (water!) in your fridge, but the water from your tap in the bathroom is also fresh from the hills and drinkable!
- Please help yourself to the tea and coffee in your room. These will be freshened daily but if you need anything sooner then please do not hesitate to ask.
- The bathroom lights are on a sensor and will come on automatically when you enter the bathroom. They will also go out approximately one minute after you exit the bathroom.
- There is additional bathroom lighting in the bathroom mirrors. Just touch the sensor on the right of the mirror.
- There is an outside light for the veranda of your pod. The switch is grey and can be found on the right of the door to your pod. They are handy to leave on if you will be returning to your pod after dark, but please do try and turn the lights off when not in use.
- You can half-open your front left window for ventilation, just turn the handle halfway to ‘9 o’clock’ and pull towards you. The window will tilt outwards at the top.
- Please use the paved paths and respect the privacy of the other guests in their pods.
Please park your car in the gravel parking bay behind the pods. Please do try and park considerately so there is space for 5 cars in the bay. If there is no space left in that bay for any reason, then please park your car in front of the garage to the left of the main building.
There are several taxi firms working from Auchterarder and Perth, here are just a few of the ones that we have used.
- Premium Taxi, Auchterarder. 0744 744 6000
- AA Chauffeur Drive, Auchterarder. 01764 664455
- MacGillivray Taxis, Auchterarder. 01764 664466
Our housekeeping team will come to your pod every day to freshen your teas and coffees, provide you with clean cups and glasses, empty bins, straighten your bed and make sure you have enough toilet paper.
If you do not wish us to come into your pod during your stay, then please do let us know that housekeeping will not be necessary.
We will do our very best to wait until you are out to freshen your pod. If you are in when we come round with your blinds drawn, or seem to be resting, then we will not disturb you. If this is the case and you find you need something later on then please do not hesitate to call or pop to reception.
The green spaces around the pods are for everyone’s enjoyment while also respecting the privacy of other guests.
As our neighbours are of the woolly variety then we kindly ask that you keep your dogs on the lead. We also ask that you pick up any poo and place in the green dog waste bin provided, this can be found on the side of the wooden bin enclosure next to the pod parking bay.
If you would like to barbeque or cook outdoors, then we ask that you use the designated barbeque area to the rear of the pods. There are two barbeque/fire pits that you are more than welcome to use at any time, we only ask that they are only used on the gravel circles that they sit on. Please do not hesitate to ask us for barbeque utensils, plates and cutlery.
Coals, firelighters and bags of logs are available to purchase from us at any time.
For fire safety reasons we ask that you only use the fire pits in the designated area to the rear of the pods. You are welcome to use our fire pits, but if you have brought your own and would prefer to use that then please only do so on the gravel circles provided.
There is a wooden bin enclosure at the side of the parking bay to the rear of the pods. There are three bins, one glass, one mixed recycling and one general waste. We would ask you to separate your rubbish where possible.
While we want you to have a relaxing stay in the eco pods, please ensure the safety of you and the rest of your party. The pods are essentially wood with a metal frame so…
- Please do not smoke inside the pods.
- Do not use any candles or cooking appliances. If you need anything warmed up, then please come to reception and we would be happy to help.
- Ensure cigarettes are completely extinguished in the metal ashtray buckets provided just outside the pod.
- Barbeques should be extinguished properly and placed in the metal hot ash bin provided in the barbeque area.
- Barbeques should only be used behind the pods on the gravel circles.
In the event of a small fire then there are fire extinguishers on the pod veranda for initial use.
Please call us on 07508 525649 or call 999 and make your way to the assembly point next to the large sign at the entrance to the site.